Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Burger Bundles

A lot of the time I base what I make off of recipes I have learned from my mom.  One of them being burger bundles!  These are very simple to make and delicious for a cool night when you want a nice filling hot meal.  I made some stuffing (I have to admit, it was from a bag!!!) and then took ground beef and made it into a ball, flattened it, put a ball of stuffing on it, then put another flattened patty of ground beef on top and sealed the sides.  At this point it looks like something between a flattened baseball and a flattened softball depending how much ground beef and stuffing you use.  The most important thing here is to seal the edges of the two patties of beef for ultimate steaming of the stuffing, and it is a really cool surprise when you cut it open to find stuffing inside!  So take these monster meatballs and place them in a baking dish (I use a deep pyrex or even a cake pan).  Bake them in the oven at 350 for about 30 minutes.  Then take a can of cream of mushroom soup, mix it with a half cup of milk, then pour the mixture over the burger bundles, stir in some of the juices in the pan and even any extra stuffing you might have.  I usually make egg noodles to go with these bundles of Yum! 
~ The Cooker Lady ~

No comments:

Post a Comment