Sunday, April 18, 2010

OUCH!

While flexing my finger with aches now, I'll tell you what happened.  I was working friday morning and opened up a large can of apple pie filling.  The can-openers always seem to miss spots and I had to yank the lid up to get to the contents of the can.  I was cutting the filling up inside the can and hit my pointer finger knuckle on the newly opened lid.  As I headed to the sink I realized how deep the cut was and started to freak out a little as I saw the flap of my finger open.  It hurt like hell, and nor I or my boss knew if i really needed stitches.  So we cleaned it and bandaged it up to see if it would stop bleeding.  All in all I didn't go get stitches and 3 days later now it still hurts inside but is healing.  I have a very busy week coming up with work, so I hope my finger is fully functional very soon.  (it of course had to happen to my right hand, the one I use the most :( )  Needless to say, cooking has been a challenge being that I am nowhere near ambidextrous!   ~ The Cooker Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment